Supporting Struggling Students
Most support strategies kick in once students have already failed. That’s too late! Our support resources help you prevent most struggle and catch students at the moment they begin to struggle and get them quickly back on track. Check out the resources on Supporting Struggling Students below to help you provide supports before, during, and after instruction.
- Resources for the Classroom
- Staff Development Kits
- Keynote Presentations
- Webinars (coming soon)
In How to Support Struggling Students
(published by ASCD and part of the Mastering the Principles of Great Teaching series), Robyn R. Jacksonand Claire Lambert take you through the steps of building your plan and provide all the strategies you need to support students before, during, and after instruction. Regardless of the grade level or subject you teach, get concepts and strategies you need to support students as they learn and intervene effectively with students who show signs that they are headed for failure. The guide’s self-assessment, worksheets, checklists, summaries, tips, and links to online resources make it perfect for learning with colleagues or guiding your own professional development.
Purchase Your Copy HERE
Mastering the Principles of Great Teaching Series is a how-to series that focuses on each of the seven mastery principles introduced in our best-selling book Never Work Harder Than Your Students and Other Principles of Great Teaching which can be found in our store along with its companion training DVD.
(Log-in to download)
- Acceleration Planning Worksheet : Download Now
- Activation Plan Worksheet : Download Now
- Advance Organizer Worksheet: Download Now
- Anticipating Confusion Worksheet: Download Now
- Establishing Red Flags Worksheet: Download Now
- Intervention Planning Worksheet: Download Now
- Previewing Organizing Strategies Worksheet: Download Now
- Proactive Support Plan Worksheet: Download Now
- Remediation Grouping Worksheet: Download Now
- Remediation Planning Worksheet: Download Now
- Vocabulary Planning Worksheet: Download Now
Schedule a workshop HERE.
These kits provide schools with everything they need to conduct guided, self-paced staff development for teams of teachers throughout the school year that will lead to lasting change. We offer the following topics to support struggling students:
Invest in one of our Staff Development Kits HERE.
Making Support Strategies Work
Schedule a Keynote Address HERE
Mindsteps® Inc. has partnered with Knowledge Delivery Systems to provide professional-development training and resources beneficial to career advancement in an easy-to-navigate online format.
Invest in this course HERE