Have you struggled to find professional development that WORKS for your organization? Do you feel like you’re trying to shoehorn all your teachers into a “one-size-fits-most” program? Are you fed up with one-day wonders that fade from memory within a week?
At Mindsteps we recognize that teachers at different levels have different needs; that guided, self-paced teamwork throughout the school year leads to lasting change; and that while the best professional-development leadership comes from within an organization, the right outside counsel makes a huge difference.
That’s why we’ve created our Staff Development Kits to provide schools with everything they need to conduct semester- or year-long professional development process that is differentiated, meaningful, and most of all effective in building teacher effectiveness.
Support and success for all involved
Teachers work together to set and share goals; engage in differentiated professional development; track and measure their progress; examine student work; get support and additional resources; build professional portfolios, and share best practices that result in continuous instructional improvement. Facilitators get the tools and resources they need to organize and lead professional learning teams. Administrators get the tools they need to monitor instruction, provide support and accountability needed to sustain improved instructional practices over time. Schools can call on our Campus Advisors for additional support and coaching to help implement and monitor effective, sustainable professional development and its impact on student achievement and school culture.
How our Staff Development Kits are different
• Differentiated program: Professional development is targeted to each teacher’s professional development needs and level
• Sustained learning: Distributed leadership and instructional decision-making through teacher-directed professional development means that program benefits stick
• Measurable benefits: Monitoring tools help school leaders measure teacher outcomes, and make clear connections between professional development, improved instructional practices and student achievement
• Broad impact: Systematic use of data for identifying student needs and targeting instruction; teachers working together on a regular basis to study and improve instruction; and sustained school-wide conversations around best practices tied to student achievement
• Systemic improvement: Increased and targeted conversations around improved instructional practices and their connection to student achievement, and more effective grade level, departmental, and PLC meetings
• Bottom-line payback: Improved teacher retention and increased student success
Why choose Mindsteps Staff Development Kits?
The Mindsteps name is your guarantee of effective, practical professional development that works. Mindsteps provides practical professional development teachers can immediately apply to grow their own practice and gives instructional leaders the tools and supports they need to lead sustainable professional development for their schools.
Registered Users: Click Here